Undergraduate students at George Mason University are diverse in their learning abilities, and in their cultural, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds. Students often complain that course materials are difficult to locate for their online courses, that course engagement and motivation are difficult to sustain throughout the semester, and that assignment objectives and deadlines can be confusing to understand.
Improve online course experience for undergraduate college students to increase student enjoyment, success, and course completion rates.
Results and Outcomes
- 98% student satisfaction with teaching effectiveness
- (more coming soon...)
Awards and Recognition
- Received a “Thank-A-Teacher” recognition from students
- Honored with “Outstanding Writing-Intensive Instructor” recognition for course success rates based on student feedback
- User-centered design principles
- Design thinking processes
- Student feedback and course evaluations
- Iterative testing
- Click-rate analysis
- Overall course grades
- Course completion rate